Projectron™ auto edge detection is an internally mounted unit that automatically locates edges using gray-scale processing.
- Mounted internally in the main mirror assembly – made by OGP
- Since it is internal, it does not obscure the viewing screen
- Ensures accurate, repeatable edge measurements from every user
- Repeatability better than 0.00008″ (2 µm) on optimal edges
- System does not require frequent calibration like externally mounted units do. Since it is hard mounted internally, the system retains calibration over long periods of time
- OGP systems equipped with TruLight® LED illumination prolong calibration even further since there is no light level degradation causing a need for re-calibration
- Projectron truly scans for edges. Using the functions of the Q-Check controller, Projectron can be told to seek a single edge, or to automatically scan for the perimeter of an ID or OD hole.